– Weird, beautiful, and perfect for the Halloween season: Yokainoshima: Island of Monsters, a new photo book cataloguing Japanese folk costumes
– A look inside one of the North Korean restaurants in Bangkok (there are more than 100 around the world!)
– I already have travel plans and can’t enter this one, but you should: Airbnb is giving away a stay in Dracula’s castle for Halloween!
– A superbly creepy “garden of whispers” inside a French gothic church
– This looks awesome: NYC’s Museum of Food and Drink is planning an exhibition on Chinese American cuisine (complete with cooking demonstrations and samples!)