Now that travel restrictions have been eased, I can’t be the only American dying to visit Cuba before it gets turned into a giant spring break resort. And because we really needed more reasons to while away hours browsing airbnb, they have announced that they’re now accepting Cuban listings!
You can find some completely renovated luxury apartments amongst the Cuba airbnb listings, but I’m digging the vintage, lived-in charm of many of the offerings. Here’s 8 of my picks for that trip to Havana someday:
1. This gorgeous four bedroom colonial apartment in Havana has high ceilings, so much natural light, and multiple balconies looking onto the street (and the waterfront Malecón, if you peer down the street just a bit). At just $105 a night, you could go with a group of friends and end up paying less than you would for a hostel.
2. A cute, colorful two bedroom apartment in Havana, at only $55 a night!
3. A more luxe option that offers plenty of character, the Villa Caridad sits in a quiet neighborhood of Havana, and is still just $160 a night.
4. This colonial style townhouse in Havana is beautiful, if a tad dated. But you won’t find me complaining about the gloriously pink bathroom, and it’s a steal at $55 a night!
5. This Havana luxury villa makes the cut despite my suspicions that their photos are in fact scanned in from a 60s home decorating magazine. This crazy time capsule will set you back $172 a night.
6. An airy, minimalist apartment in the heart of Havana for $120 a night. I’m sold on the wonderful courtyard facing balconies and all that peaceful blue.
7. Stay at this adorable Cuban grandmother’s house in Havana! The last decor updates were in the 80s, but seriously, no snarking. This is fucking delightful (and only $25 a night).
8. The biggest splurge at $222 a night, this restored villa boasts a pool and tons of outdoor living space.